Lobster Mac & Cheese
Mac & Cheese
When you’re craving a mac and cheese dish, but want something a bit fancier than the traditional version, this lobster mac and cheese recipe is what you need! With five types of cheese (American, Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, Gouda, and Parmesan), this version of the classic comfort food dish is already elevated above your average recipe! Pairing it with lobster brings it to another level, making it a truly special meal. Feel free to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
For four servings, gather the ingredients listed below and preheat your oven to 350°F.
Butter a casserole dish (or individual ramekins, if preferred). Cook macaroni according to package instructions. In the meantime, melt Cabot Salted Butter in a skillet. Add the shallots and cook until softened and translucent and set aside.
Combine the milk and lobster base in a large saucepan and heat to 190°F. Remove from heat and add chopped Cabot American Cheese, stirring until blended. Then stir in the grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated Cabot Swiss Cheese, Gouda cheese, and Parmesan cheese, along with the shallots. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Blend the softened butter and flour in a small bowl and whisk together into a warm cheese sauce. Return to low heat and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni and lobster and pour into casserole dish (or individual ramekins). Top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with truffle oil, if desired. Bake until heated through and just slightly browned on top.
For a more traditional, “every day” mac and cheese, try our Macaroni and Cabot Cheddar recipe. Did you know that Cabot is a co-operative of dairy farm families from New England and New York State who all work diligently to produce only the highest quality products? We’d love for you to share your thoughts about this lobster mac and cheese so, if you could rate and review the recipe once you’ve given it a try, we’d really appreciate it!
1½ cups dry elbow macaroni
2½ tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, divided
- ⅓ cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups milk
1½ tablespoons lobster base
3 slices Cabot American Cheese, chopped
3 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ¾ cup)
1 slice Cabot Swiss Cheese, chopped
1 ounce Gouda cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
1½ tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 pound diced cooked lobster meat
- Optional embellishments: Panko breadcrumbs and white truffle oil
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- BUTTER casserole dish or individual ramekins.
- COOK macaroni according to package directions in a large pot of boiling, salted water; drain well and set aside.
- MELT 1 tablespoon butter in small skillet; add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened and translucent. Set aside.
- COMBINE milk and lobster base in large saucepan; heat to 190°F. Remove from heat and add American cheese, stirring until blended. Stir in remaining cheeses and cooked shallots. Season with salt and white pepper.
- BLEND remaining softened butter and flour in small bowl; whisk mixture into warm cheese sauce and return to low heat, stirring until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- STIR cooked macaroni and lobster gently into cheese sauce. Pour into casserole or ramekins. Top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with truffle oil, if using.
- BAKE until heated through and barely browned on top.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
- 26.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15 grams
- 1281 milligrams
- 43 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 46.5 grams
- 768 milligrams