Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast & Brunch
Looking for make-ahead meal ideas for breakfast? You’ll want to put this easy breakfast burrito recipe at the top of your list to try! Made with eggs, sausage, diced red onion, diced bell pepper and Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, these breakfast burritos are the perfect grab-n-go breakfast choice for busy mornings. You may want to make a double batch so you’ll have an easy and healthy breakfast you can enjoy all week! Share this breakfast burrito recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram and tag us @cabotcheese!
To make 4 breakfast burritos, start by whisking the eggs in a bowl.
Melt the butter (salted or unsalted) in a medium size skillet. Add the eggs and cook over medium heat, whisking until they just begin to set.
Next, add the milk or heavy cream and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
Cook your sausage links per the recommended cooking instructions and then cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to make them easy to roll, then lay them out on a clean counter top to assemble.
Spread the grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese down the centers of the warmed tortillas and top with sausage, eggs, onions, bell peppers and cilantro. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito-style.
Serve immediately with salsa. To freeze breakfast burritos, see instructions at the bottom of the recipe below.
For another delicious burrito recipe, try our Easy Egg Burritos too! Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of New England and New York farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? We’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review this sausage breakfast burrito recipe when you have the chance.
- 4 large flour tortillas, burrito size
- 5 eggs
1 tablespoon Cabot Butter (Salted or Unsalted)
- 3 tablespoon whole milk or heavy cream
6 Dakin Farm Sausage Links, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces*
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro (as much as desired!)
- 1 jar of salsa
- *Optional substitutes: canned black beans, scrambled tofu, pre-cooked bacon, ground pork
- WHISK the eggs in a bowl.
- MELT butter in medium size skillet. Add the eggs and cook over medium heat, whisking until they just begin to set.
- ADD the milk or heavy cream and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- COOK until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- COOK your sausage links per the recommended cooking instructions. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- WARM the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to make them easy to roll, then lay them out on a clean counter top to assemble.
- SPREAD the cheese down the centers of the warmed tortillas; top with sausage, eggs, onions, bell peppers and cilantro. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito-style.
- SERVE immediately with salsa.
- TO FREEZE BURRITOS: Before assembling burritos, cool cooked eggs and veggies to room temperature to avoid sogginess. Assemble as above. Cover each burrito tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, microwave for 4-6 minutes, turning halfway, or bake them at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- per serving