Oven Roasted Salmon with Cabot Cheddar Polenta
Fish is the perfect choice for anyone looking to make a simple dinner for two. It’s quick to cook and easy to buy in small portions at the market. Even better, this dish offers health benefits since salmon contains omega 3 fatty acids, which are believed to provide heart protection. Pair it with our cheddar polenta and you have one extremely flavorful and healthy meal. After you’ve made this oven roasted salmon recipe, be sure to share it with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Preheat your oven to 425°F and place 2 (4-ounce) salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle lemon-pepper seasoning over fish (choose a lemon-pepper that is salt-free or that does not list salt as the first ingredient on the nutrition label), top with lemon slices, and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
While salmon is baking, bring 1 (14-ounce) can of reduced-sodium chicken broth, ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (or ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary), ¼ teaspoon salt, and a dash of freshly ground black pepper to a boil in a small saucepan.
Gradually whisk in ½ cup finely ground cornmeal, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and cook until thick, continuing to stir frequently. Remove from heat and stir in 2 ounces grated Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Serve immediately with salmon.
If you love salmon, you’ll want to be sure to also make these Simple Salmon Cakes with Greek Yogurt. As a cooperative of 800 farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this oven roasted salmon with cheddar polenta recipe after you’ve tried it by rating and reviewing it.
- 2 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning*
- ½ medium lemon, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh or ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
2 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- PLACE salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle lemon-pepper seasoning over fish and top with lemon slices; drizzle with olive oil. Bake 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- BRING chicken broth, rosemary, salt and pepper to a boil in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in cornmeal, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese. Serve immediately with salmon.
*Tip: Many seasoning blends are high in sodium. Look for a lemon-pepper that is salt-free or one that does not list salt as the first ingredient on the nutrition label.
- per serving
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 104 milligrams
- 604 milligrams
- 29 grams
- 3 grams
- 37 grams
- 210 milligrams