Pepperoni Pizza Empanadas
These super-easy kid-friendly “empanadas” come together in a snap because they’re made with purchased dough. We’ve filled them up with pepperoni, Cabot cheddar and tomato for classic pizza flavors in a tidy hand-held pastry!
- 2 small Roma tomatoes
5 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1⅓ cups)
- ½ cup Marinara sauce
- ½ cup, diced pepperoni
King Arthur All-Purpose Flour for dusting
- 2 14-ounce boxes chilled refrigerated pie dough, 4 rounds
- 1 egg yolk
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet
- CUT Roma tomatoes in half along the equator and squeeze out the seeds. Remove core and finely chop the tomatoes. Stir the tomatoes, Cabot cheddar, marinara and pepperoni in a medium bowl.
- DUST work surface with flour. Cut six 5½-inch rounds out of the dough and lay on the floured surface. Spoon tomato mixture onto the center of each round, dividing evenly, about ¼ cup each. Fold rounds over to make half moon shape and crimp edges to seal, using a fork if desired. Brush yolk over empanadas and transfer to the prepared baking sheet with a metal spatula.
- BAKE until golden and set up, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- per serving
- 36 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 16 grams
- 60 milligrams
- 840 milligrams
- 47 grams
- 1 grams
- 11 grams
- 147 milligrams