Potato Crisps with Horseradish Cheddar & Bacon
- 3 cups frozen country style hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
4 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 6 slices crisp-cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
- THAW potatoes in microwave or at room temperature (they will sink to about 2 cups). In medium bowl, stir together potatoes, oil and salt until potatoes are thoroughly blended with oil.
- PLACE potato mixture in about 24 rounded mounds on two baking sheets, using about 1 tablespoon per crisp.
- BAKE for 10 minutes in middle of oven.
- REMOVE from oven and turn over each crisp with spatula, pressing to flatten. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer or until well browned and crisp on edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and thyme and return to oven just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- TRANSFER to serving plate and let stand for a minute before serving.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 117 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 0 grams
- 2 grams
- 34 milligrams