This pumpkin yogurt pie recipe is a must if you’ve been on the hunt for a low-fat pumpkin pie. This twist on the classic pumpkin pie filling is thick and creamy, but lighter than the original, thanks to the rich, smoothness of Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt. If you’ve never made a homemade pumpkin pie, there’s no need to worry, as this recipe is simple and straightforward and comes together in no time. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a delicious, satisfying, healthy pumpkin pie, whether on Thanksgiving or any other day you’re craving pumpkin pie. Share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Looking for more ways to substitute with Greek Yogurt? Then check out our Greek Yogurt Substitution Guide and learn about all the great benefits you receive simply by eating Greek Yogurt.
To make a 9-inch pumpkin pie that serves 8, preheat your oven to 425°F.
Whisk eggs until frothy in a medium bowl. Add pumpkin puree and flour and whisk together well. (Alternatively, you can combine all three ingredients together in a blender or processor.)
Add Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt (or Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt), evaporated milk, dark brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt and whisk again.
Pour pumpkin mixture into unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake pie for 35 to 40 minutes longer or until pie is no longer wobbly in center.
Cool to room temperature and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
If you can’t get enough pumpkin dessert recipes, try our Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake next. Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of New England and New York farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? If you love this pumpkin yogurt pie, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review the recipe when you have the chance!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
½ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 small (5-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- WHISK eggs until frothy in medium bowl. Add pumpkin and flour and whisk together well. (Alternatively, combine all three in blender or processor.)
- ADD yogurt, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, spices and salt and whisk again. Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- REDUCE temperature to 350°F and bake pie for 35 to 40 minutes longer or until pie is no longer wobbly in center.
- COOL to room temperature. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- per serving
- 10.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4.5 grams
- 82 milligrams
- 310 milligrams
- 48 grams
- 3 grams
- 8.5 grams
- 117 milligrams