Richardson Farm’s Smashed Brussels Sprouts With Cheese
Whether you’re already a raving fan of Brussels sprouts (like us!) or are still skeptical to try them after a not-so-great experience from a childhood meal, you need to make this smashed Brussels sprouts dish from our friends at the Richardson Family Farm in Hartland, Vermont. We’re convinced it will convert even those most opposed to this often misunderstood member of the cabbage family – how can it not when combined with melted Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar? Plus, you’ll have fun mashing these tiny veggies. Try this keto-friendly recipe and tell your family and friends how delicious it is on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Begin by preheating your oven to 325°F.
Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling water until tender when pierced, then drain.
Smash sprouts until chunky and add salt and pepper. Then add a dash of nutmeg, if desired (highly recommended!), stir in cream and about 1 cup of shredded Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar.
Spoon mixture into a buttered 8 x 8 baking dish and cover with the remainder of cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes or so, until golden brown.
Love this recipe? Try this Fried Brussels Sprouts with Cheese next! As a co-operative of over New England and New York farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on these keto Brussels sprouts after you’ve tried the recipe by rating and reviewing it.
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Lightly butter an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- COOK Brussels sprouts in boiling water until tender when pierced.
- DRAIN sprouts. Smash the sprouts in a large bowl with the back of a spoon until chunky and add salt and pepper.
- ADD a dash of nutmeg if desired and stir in cream and about 1 cup cheese.
- SPOON into the 8 x 8 baking dish and cover with the remainder of cheese.
- BAKE 25-35 minutes or more until golden brown.
- per serving