Spinach Cheddar Holiday Rolls
Breakfast & Brunch
For a festive-looking, flavorful, healthy holiday appetizer, try these easy-to-make Spinach Cheddar Rolls. Spinach, Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar and scallions are layered on a sheet of refrigerated crescent dough – and dotted with diced roasted red peppers to add a festive pop of color amid the green spinach. Then, it is rolled into a log, sliced into rounds and baked until golden, to create scrumptious, cheesy rolls that look like lovely little holiday wreaths. These cheddar rolls are sure to become a staple at your holiday table! Share the recipe for these healthy cheddar rolls with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram – and be sure to use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 18-inch by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unroll the crescent dough (do not separate into individual pieces) and pat into an 8-inch by 12-inch rectangle, gently pressing the seams closed.
Brush evenly with the mustard and then then top with the spinach, Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, scallions and peppers, leaving a ½-inch border all the way around. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt.
Roll the dough sheet into a log, starting with a short side.
Slice into 8 pinwheels and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
For another delicious salad, try our Cheesy Pull Apart Holiday Tree Rolls. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on this healthy holiday appetizer recipe, so please rate and review it when you have the chance.
- 1 – 8 ounce tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 – 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
4 ounces Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, grated (1 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (about 4)
- ¼ cup diced roasted red peppers (about 1 pepper)
- Kosher salt
PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 18-by-13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- UNROLL the crescent dough (do not separate into individual pieces) and pat into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, gently pressing the seams closed.
- BRUSH evenly with the mustard and then then top with the spinach, cheddar, scallions and peppers, leaving a ½-inch border all the way around. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt.
- ROLL the dough sheet into a log, starting with a short side.
- SLICE into 8 pinwheels and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 1 roll (1/8 recipe)
- per serving
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4.5 grams
- 15 milligrams
- 530 milligrams
- 16 grams
- 2 grams
- 3 grams
- 7 grams
- 157 milligrams