Street Corn Salad
2 as a main dish or 4 as a side dish
½ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- ⅛ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅛ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups Little Leaf Farms Baby Crisp Green Leaf Lettuce
- 3 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 2 jalapeno peppers
4 ounces Cabot Vermont Sharp Shredded Cheddar
- ⅛ cup diced red onion
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
For the Dressing:
For the Salad:
To make the dressing:
- COMBINE all dressing ingredients except the lime juice, in a bowl or blender.
- ADD lime juice a little at a time until you get desired consistency.
- SET aside to develop flavor while you prepare the salad.
To make the salad:
- HEAT grill to medium-high.
- DRIZZLE olive oil on each ear of corn and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place corn on the grill and cook 5 – 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until slightly charred.
- CUT the jalapeno peppers lengthwise, remove seeds, and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to grill and cook on each side for 2 – 3 minutes or until charred grill marks appear.
- REMOVE corn and jalapenos from the grill when done and set aside.
- CHOP the lettuce roughly and divide into bowls (two for a main course or 4 for side dishes).
- CUT corn kernels from the cobs and chop the jalapenos. Divide the corn kernels, jalapenos and diced red onion evenly over the lettuce bowls.
- PLACE dollops of the dressing over the salads and top with the shredded cheddar, dividing evenly (2 ounces each for two salads, 1 ounce each for four salads).
- TOP with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 40 milligrams
- 250 milligrams
- 26 grams
- 3 grams
- 8 grams
- 13 grams
- 273 milligrams