Alphabet Mac and Cheese
Mac & Cheese
- 4 ounces mini alphabet or other small pasta shapes (such as mini fusilli, penne, rotelle, acini di pepe or pastina)
1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Favorite cooked vegetables (optional)
- COOK pasta according to package directions; drain well and transfer to medium bowl.
- MELT butter In small saucepan over low heat; when hot but not bubbling, whisk in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- WHISK in milk gradually; continue stirring for several minutes until sauce is simmering and thickened.
- REMOVE from heat and add cheese and yogurt, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir sauce into reserved pasta. Add vegetables if desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 57 milligrams
- 13 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 4.5 grams
- 81 milligrams