Arugula Salad with Cheddar Frico
Cheddar frico is an easy-to-make lactose free topping of baked Cabot cheddar. It adds a unique crunchiness to this springtime lactose free salad of tangy arugula and radishes in a fresh, honey mustard vinaigrette.
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry (5 to 6 ounces)
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- PREHEAT oven to 375 ºF.
- LINE a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or generously coat with cooking spray.
- DIVIDE the cheddar into 8 equal piles, spaced evenly on the baking sheet.
- BAKE, rotating the pan after 3 minutes, until the cheese melts and starts to turn golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- COMBINE vinegar, shallot, oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar and shake to combine.
- TOSS arugula and radishes in a large bowl with the dressing. Divide among four plates and top with two cheddar fricos, broken up into smaller pieces if desired.
- per serving
- 12.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5.5 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 538 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 1 grams
- 8 grams
- 247 milligrams