Cabot Cheddar & Goat Cheese Fondue
Take fondue night up a few notches by serving this unexpected (and delicious) goat cheese fondue. This savory cheddar fondue is made with so many fabulous ingredients that all come together to create an absolutely amazing fondue that’s sure to become your new favorite cheese fondue recipe! You’ll love the versatility of it too, as it pairs well with bread, roasted veggies, shrimp and chicken. Make it for your next fondue party and then share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
For 10 servings, melt Cabot Salted Butter with vegetable oil and kosher salt in a heavy-bottomed pot over very low heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes, until it becomes a thick paste.
Next add the white wine, champagne and Kirsch, whisking until smooth. Then add whole milk and half-and-half and bring mixture to a simmer, whisking often.
Let the mixture simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add Cabot Garlic Herb Cheddar, Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Gruyere, Emmanthaler, Brie and fresh goat cheeses, whisking occasionally until cheeses are melted and combined. Stir in minced fresh chives and transfer to fondue pot. Serve with bread and vegetables for dipping.
Fondue fans will also love our Sharp Cheddar Fondue, so be sure to try this fantastic recipe next! As a co-operative of over 800 farm families, Cabot takes a lot of pride in making our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this cheddar fondue recipe, so please rate and review it once you’ve tried it.
4 teaspoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ⅔ teaspoon kosher salt
5 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4½ ounces white wine
- 1½ ounces champagne
- 1½ tablespoons Kirsch
- 8½ ounces whole milk
- 6½ ounces half-and-half
5 ounces Cabot Garlic Herb Cheddar, grated (about 1¼ cups)
2.5 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ⅔ cup)
- 2.5 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated (about ⅔ cup)
- 2.5 ounces Emmenthaler cheese, grated (about ⅔ cup)
- 2.5 ounces fresh goat cheese (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 ounce Brie cheese, cubed
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- Cubed ciabatta bread
Chilled steamed Brussels sprouts and broccoli florets
- MELT butter with oil and salt, in heavy-bottomed pot over very low heat; stir in flour and cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes (will become a thick paste).
- ADD white wine, champagne and Kirsch and whisk until smooth. Add milk and half-and-half; bring mixture to simmer, whisking often.
- LET mixture simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add cheeses, whisking occasionally until cheeses are melted and combined. Stir in chives. Transfer to fondue pot.
- Serve with bread and vegetables for dipping.
- per serving
- 21.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11.5 grams
- 388 milligrams
- 8 grams
- 0 grams
- 13.5 grams
- 362 milligrams