Cabot Cheddar Lace Crisp Taco Shells
These mini taco shells are made using Cabot Legacy Cheddar for a crisp, delicious shell. Fill with pulled pork and cole slaw, fish, sautéed vegetables or any of your favorites…use your imagination!
6 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, grated (about 1½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- STIR the cornmeal and the cheese together in a medium sized bowl. Lightly coat a 11 x 17 baking sheet with the olive oil.
- TAKE about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture and form a small mound using your hands, about 2” in diameter and about ¼ high, in one corner of the baking sheet. Continue making the cheese mounds, leaving about ½ inch between each one. You should be able to fit 15 mounds on the baking sheet. If there’s remaining cornmeal in the bottom of the bowl, sprinkle it evenly over the cheese mounds.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes. Keep a watchful eye the last couple of minutes and remove the baking sheet as soon as they start to lightly brown around the edges, and they have an overall “lacey” appearance.
- LET cool for just a minute or two, and then carefully lift one crisp at a time and form into shells, using your fingers to gently bend the crisps into shape.
- PLACE the “shells” carefully on a plate or another baking sheet, and let cool completely.
- Note: An easy way to help keep each shell in shape is to cut 2 paper towel sheets into 8 pieces each. Fold each piece a couple of times and place inside the shell while they cool.
- When ready to serve, carefully fill the cheese taco shells with your favorite ingredients and enjoy.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 4.5 grams
- 73 milligrams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 3 grams
- 0 grams
- 12 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 81 milligrams