A chef salad is a classic recipe that’s not only full of flavor but is also healthy and filling, thanks to a generous amount of fresh vegetables and protein. Our healthy chef salad recipe uses iceberg lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes but feel free to swap in other vegetables depending on what’s in season – and to suit your mood! Share this chef salad recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
To make 4 servings of chef salad, begin by making hard-boiled eggs. Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan and cover generously with cold water. Set over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil and cook for 9 minutes. Remove from the heat and run cold water into the pot continuously for 3 minutes. Drain and peel the eggs. Cut into quarters or slice.
Divide lettuce among four large plates. Arrange chopped cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese (sliced or cubed), ham, turkey and the eggs on top, dividing evenly.
Drizzle with Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing and serve.
For another healthy and satisfying salad recipe, make our Power Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing. Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? If you love this chef salad recipe, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review it when you have the chance.
- 4 large eggs
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce, green leaf lettuce or mixed greens
- 1⅓ cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
4 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp cheese, cut into slices or cubes
- 2 ounces deli ham, rolled and sliced into rounds
- 2 ounces deli turkey, rolled and sliced into rounds
½ cup Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- PLACE eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan. Cover generously with cold water. Set over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil and cook for 9 minutes. Remove from the heat and run cold water into the pot continuously for 3 minutes. Drain and peel the eggs. Cut into quarters or slice.
- DIVIDE lettuce among four large plates. Arrange cucumber, cherry tomatoes, Cabot Cheese, ham, turkey and the eggs on top, dividing evenly.
- SERVE the salads drizzled with dressing.
- per serving
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 235 milligrams
- 760 milligrams
- 11 grams
- 3 grams
- 21 grams
- 304 milligrams