Foil Packet Nachos
2 to 4
If you’re in need of some delicious camping recipes that are convenient to prepare, grab the ingredients for this foil packet nachos recipe and get ready to make them for you and your loved ones again and again – they’re that good! All you need are tortilla chips,
Cabot Two State Farmers’ Shredded Cheddar Cheese, green chiles, salsa, sliced black olives, an avocado, a lime, fresh cilantro, and an optional jalapeno pepper. Trust us, these ingredients cook beautifully over a campfire and combine to create a mouthwatering dish. Make this easy nachos recipe on your next camping trip and share it with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram (use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram).
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
8 ounce bag (2 cups) Cabot Two State Farmers’ Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 8 ounce jar salsa
- 2½ ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional!)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 lime
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil, 18″x12″
DIVIDE the tortilla chips, Cabot Two State Farmers’ Shredded Cheddar Cheese, green chiles (to taste), salsa, and sliced black olives between the two foil sheets, layering and distributing the ingredients evenly. Leave 1″-2″ on the long sides of the foil and a 4″-5″ border on the short side of the foil.
- FOLD the sides of the foil up and over the nachos and crimp the foil to seal.
- PLACE the foil packets on a grill, over a campfire, or in a skillet over a camp stove. Heat until the cheese melts.
- REMOVE from the heat, carefully open the packets, top with the avocado, jalapeno slices (if using), cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Then sit back and enjoy!
To make 2-4 servings of campfire nachos, start by laying out two sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
- 39 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 12 grams
- 60 milligrams
- 1200 milligrams
- 51 grams
- 7 grams
- 20 grams
- 500 milligrams