Jake’s Tailgate Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10-ounce) package mild Italian sausage
- 1 (10-ounce) package hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped jalapeño (optional)
- 1 cup red wine
- ¼ cup Gluten-Free Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped, with liquid
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans with liquid
Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated
- COOK ground beef in a large (4½-quart) pot until no longer pink, breaking up with spoon. Add both sausages and cook until browned, 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up into bite-size pieces.
- ADD onion, garlic and jalapeños (if using- chili will be very hot). Simmer for 5 minutes.
- STIR in wine, Worcestershire, chili powder, black pepper, mustard powder, celery seed, cayenne and salt; simmer for 10 minutes.
- ADD chopped and crushed tomatoes. Bring to simmer and cook, covered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- ADD beans and simmer, covered, for 1 hour longer, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with grated cheese.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 27 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 64 milligrams
- 1657 milligrams
- 36 grams
- 9 grams
- 32 grams
- 272 milligrams