1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar, sifted
¾ cup Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
1½ cups strawberries (fresh/frozen), diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
For the cookies:
For the strawberry jam:
- BEAT the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste or extract in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- COMBINE the flour and salt in a separate bowl and mix well.
- ADD the flour mixture gradually into the butter mixture and mix at the lowest speed of the mixer. Mix well until the flour is incorporated into the butter.
- SHAPE the dough into a ball, flatten it out and wrap it with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the dough firms up so that it’s easier to roll out.
- PREHEAT the oven to 350°F after the dough is well chilled. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- ROLL the dough out on a lightly floured surface to be about ⅛-inch thick. Use a 2-inch sized round cookie cutter to cut out 24 cookies. Using a smaller cookie cutter (about ½-inch size and can be any shape), cut out the dough in the center from 12 of the cookies.
- PLACE the cookies gently on the baking sheet. Bake them for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely. The cookies will continue to set until they are cooled completely.
- DUST some powdered sugar over the center-cut-out cookies. Add a teaspoon of jam to the solid cookie and sandwich it with the dusted cookie.
- Serving Size
- 1/12 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 95 milligrams
- 23 grams
- 1 grams
- 10 grams
- 2 grams
- 5 milligrams