Shrimp and Pasta Cheddar Alfredo
The combination of reduced-fat milk, Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar and Cabot Cream Cheese make this shrimp pasta alfredo recipe one you can indulge in. Need it to come together quickly? Just use cooked shrimp and you’re all set for enjoying a fancy dinner on a weeknight without the fuss. Share the recipe on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter with your family and friends.
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 ½ cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
6 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated & divided (about 1 ½ cups)
1 ounce Cabot Cream Cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
4 cups hot cooked Dreamfields Linguine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- MELT butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Whisk in flour until well blended and then gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
- BRING mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens, whisking frequently. Reduce heat and add Cabot Cream Cheese, stirring until well blended. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of cheddar and salt, stirring until well blended.
- TOSS sauce with the hot pasta and cooked shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and seasoning and enjoy immediately.
*Can’t get enough pasta and shrimp? Be sure to try this Linguine Rosa with Shrimp. As a co-operative of over 800 farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this Alfredo Shrimp Pasta after you’ve made it by rating and reviewing the recipe.
- per serving
- 13.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 870 milligrams
- 265 milligrams
- 33 grams
- 3.5 grams
- 44 grams
- 360 milligrams