Spicy Buffalo Wings
No celebration is complete without a big platter of spicy buffalo wings for everyone to devour. Our special wing sauce uses Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt for a cool, creamy flavor, and your favorite hot sauce for the spicy kick you love. If you’re making this chicken wings recipe for a game day party and want to really impress your guests, layer the wings with crackers and cheese to create a clever football-shaped presentation. With an eye-catching presentation and amazing flavor, these buffalo wings will be the talk of the party! Share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make the sauce, melt Cabot Salted Butter in a saucepan over low heat. When the butter is partially melted, add ½ cup of hot sauce, the apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, whisking until the mixture is well blended, the butter is all melted and the sauce is just beginning to bubble. Set aside to cool slightly for 5 to 10 minutes, then add Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt and whisk thoroughly.
Place chicken wings in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add half of the wing sauce and toss until all wings are coated. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat one large (or two smaller) baking sheets with cooking spray. Add wings in a single layer and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and lightly browned.
Transfer the cooked wings to a large bowl. Stir the remaining ½ cup of hot sauce into the remaining wing sauce and pour mixture over wings, tossing to coat. Serve immediately with raw veggies and your favorite dipping sauce!
For another crowd-pleasing buffalo wings recipe, try these flavorful Oven Fried Homemade Chicken Nuggets & Boneless Buffalo Wings. Cabot is a co-operative of New York and New England farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around. If you love these Spicy Buffalo Wings as much as we do, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review the recipe when you have the chance!
- 1 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce or favorite brand, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 pounds boneless chicken wings or chicken wings cut and separated at the joints (“party wings”)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- START melting butter in saucepan over low heat. When it is partially melted, add ½ cup of hot sauce, along with vinegar and Worcestershire; whisk until mixture is well blended, butter is all melted and sauce is just beginning to bubble. Set aside to cool slightly for 5 to 10 minutes, then add yogurt and whisk thoroughly.
- PLACE chicken wings in large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add half of wing sauce, setting rest aside, and toss until all wings are coated. Place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat one large or two smaller baking sheets with cooking spray. Add wings in single layer and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and lightly browned.
- TRANSFER cooked wings to large bowl. Stir remaining ½ cup hot sauce into remaining wing sauce; pour mixture over wings, tossing to coat. Serve immediately with raw veggies and favorite dipping sauce.
- per serving
- 90 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 36 grams
- 37 milligrams
- 1558 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 0 grams
- 73.5 grams
- 72 milligrams