Strawberry Yogurt Pops with Shortbread Crumble
Love store-bought strawberry shortcake ice cream pops but want a healthier version you can make at home? Then you’ll definitely want to try this Strawberry Yogurt Popsicle recipe. Made with just a few ingredients – fresh strawberries, Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt, sugar and crumbled shortbread cookies – these yogurt pops are amazingly refreshing, delicious and easy to make. Kids and adults alike will enjoy cooling off with this perfect summer treat. Share this easy popsicle recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram (use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram).
To make 6 popsicles, start by placing the diced strawberries and ¼ cup of sugar into a blender. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the berries to macerate. Next, put the shortbread cookies into a plastic bag and gently crush using a rolling pin. Blend the strawberries and sugar on high speed until it forms a puree-like consistency. Add the 2 cups of Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt and blend until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of blender with a spatula as needed. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds until they are 85% full. Sprinkle the crumbled shortbread cookies into each mold, then insert the sticks/base of the mold. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. *To remove: Run the popsicle molds under warm water until the pops loosen, then remove.
If you love kiwi and want another healthy frozen treat made with Greek yogurt, you’ll want to try our Greek Yogurt Popsicles. Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? We’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review this yogurt pops recipe when you have the chance.
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and then cut in quarters
¼ cup sugar
- 4 ounces store bought shortbread cookies, crumbled
ADD the diced strawberries and ¼ cup of sugar into a blender. Let sit for 5 minutes for the berries to macerate.
- PUT the shortbread cookies into a plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the cookies.
- BLEND the strawberries and sugar on high speed until it forms a puree-like consistency.
- ADD the 2 cups yogurt and blend until incorporated fully, using a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed.
- POUR the mixture into popsicle molds until they are 85% full.
- SPRINKLE the crumbled shortbread cookies into each mold, then insert the sticks/base of the mold.
- FREEZE for 8 hours or overnight.
- Serving Size
- 1 Pop
- per serving
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 75 milligrams
- 28 grams
- 2 grams
- 7 grams
- 142 milligrams
*To remove, run the popsicle molds under warm water until the pops loosen and remove.