Black Bean Salad with Lime Cinnamon Vinaigrette
This fresh, colorful black bean salad is filled with a bounty of beans and veggies to fuel you, whether for lunch or dinner. We’ve added Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar to keep the fat low and the great taste front and center. But the secret to its amazing flavor is the Lime Cinnamon Vinaigrette dressing, which is just out of this world! You’ll want to make extra, because this salad is delicious the next day and, as a bonus, it’s lactose free! This is definitely a recipe you’ll want to share with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Ready to make 8 servings? You won’t believe how quickly and easily this amazing salad comes together! Combine the black beans (rinsed and drained), diced Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, diced bell peppers, and chopped onion in a medium bowl.
Then make the salad dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lime juice, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over salad, tossing to combine, and dig in!
For another salad recipe that’s big on flavor, try our Southwestern Corn, Avocado & Pepper Jack Salad. Cabot is a co-operative of New York and New England farm families and has been producing award-winning dairy products for many years. We’d love to hear your feedback on this black bean salad, so please rate and review the recipe after you’ve tried it!
- 1 large (29-ounce) or 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced red bell peppers
- ½ cup diced green bell peppers
- ½ cup diced orange or yellow bell peppers
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- COMBINE beans, cheddar, bell peppers, and onion, in medium bowl.
- WHISK together oil, lime juice, cinnamon and salt, in small bowl. Pour dressing over salad, tossing to combine.
- per serving
- 9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 170 milligrams
- 17 grams
- 6 grams
- 10 grams
- 150 milligrams