Southwestern Corn, Avocado & Pepper Jack Salad
Looking for a light, flavorful corn salad recipe to make for a BBQ or healthy lunch? This Southwestern Corn, Avocado & Pepper Jack Salad may just replace your go-to corn salad and become your new favorite. With corn, avocados, roasted red peppers, and Cabot Pepper Jack, this dish is full of deliciousness and color. After making it, please feel free to share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Ready to make this amazing salad? For 8 servings, you’ll need the following ingredients: 1 garlic clove (peeled), ½ teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, 3 ears fresh corn with husks removed and bases trimmed (or 2 ½ cups frozen corn, thawed), 2 Haas avocados (pitted, peeled, and diced), 6 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack (finely diced), 1 cup chopped roasted peppers (jarred), and ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley).
Begin by coarsely chopping the garlic, sprinkling it with the salt, then mashing it into a paste with the blade of a knife, held sideways. Scrape the garlic and salt paste into a small bowl, whisk in oil, vinegar, and pepper, and set aside. If preferred, you can puree all these ingredients in a blender instead.
Note: If using fresh corn, you’ll need to stand each ear up on the end and cut down along the cob using a sharp knife, removing the raw kernels in strips, and then breaking the strips into kernels.
Combine the corn kernels, diced avocados, cheddar, chopped red peppers, and cilantro (or parsley) into a large bowl. Pour the reserved dressing on top and gently stir to combine. Salad can be served immediately, or covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day.
When you want another healthy and delicious salad, our Black Bean and Veggie Salad with Lime Cinnamon Vinaigrette is another must-try! As a cooperative of over 800 farm families, Cabot takes a lot of pride in making our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your thoughts about this corn salad recipe, so please rate and review it once you’ve made it.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks removed and bases trimmed, or 2 ½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 California (Haas) avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
6 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack, finely diced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- CHOP garlic coarsley. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and mash into paste with blade of knife held sideways. Scrape into small bowl and whisk in oil, vinegar and pepper; set aside. (Alternatively, puree ingredients in blender.)
- STAND each ear up on end and cut down along cob with sharp knife if using fresh corn, removing raw kernels in strips. Break up strips into kernels.
- COMBINE corn, avocados, cheddar, red peppers and cilantro or parsley in a large bowl. Pour reserved dressing on top and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- per serving
- 17.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 338 milligrams
- 13 grams
- 3.5 grams
- 7 grams
- 159 milligrams