Roasted Roots Power Bowl with White Oak Cheddar
4 servings, 2 cups each
These nutritious vegetarian power bowls will surely satisfy for a hearty entrée. And they are easy enough to make on a weeknight. Simply toss chunks of root vegetables with a little oil and roast them until they are tender and browned. Pile the veggies over cooked quinoa and then add on some buttery Cabot White Oak Cheddar.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small celeriac (celery root), skin cut off and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons minced shallot
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
4 ounces Cabot White Oak Cheddar, broken into chunks
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- ROAST Vegetables: Toss sweet potato, parsnips and celeriac in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, herb blend, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally until browned and tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
- COOK quinoa: Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add quinoa and return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer, and cook until the quinoa has absorbed the liquid and the germ bursts, 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit covered 3 to 5 minutes.
- MAKE dressing: Whisk shallot, vinegar, mustard, honey, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and the remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until combined. Alternatively, puree with a mini-prep or immersion blender.
- ASSEMBLE Power Bowls: Mound cooked quinoa in the center of 4 wide bowls. Top each with ¼ of the roasted vegetables. Drizzle with the dressing, dividing evenly. Top each bowl with Cabot White Oak cheddar, cranberries and parsley, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 1200 milligrams
- 73 grams
- 10 grams
- 17 grams
- 341 milligrams