Vegetarian Burrito Bowl with Avocado Crema
Ideal for meat lovers and vegetarians alike, this vegetarian burrito bowl is full of delicious flavor and good-for-you ingredients. Roasted veggies and savory beans top cilantro-lime rice, which is a bowl of deliciousness all in itself. But topping it with a palate-pleasing avocado crema dressing takes it to the next level. Trust us, you don’t want to skip this dressing!
After making this recipe, share it with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 2 jalapenos (halved and seeded if desired for less heat)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
2 ounces Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about ½ cup)
4 tablespoons Cabot Sour Cream
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups cilantro-lime rice
- 1 avocado
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup Cabot Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Avocado Crema Dressing:
- PREHEAT the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- TOSS the cauliflower, onion, bell peppers and jalapenos with the taco seasoning, olive oil and lime juice in a large bowl. Spread the coated vegetables on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- PLACE on the center rack of preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender with crispy edges.
- PREPARE avocado crema while the vegetables are roasting by placing all ingredients in a food processor or small blender and blending until smooth.
- WARM the beans in a small skillet over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, until warmed through.
- SERVE the roasted taco vegetables in a bowl over cilantro rice, and top with the beans, lettuce, a tablespoon of Cabot Sour Cream, a drizzle of avocado crema and shredded Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
- 39 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 25 milligrams
- 810 milligrams
- 71 grams
- 18 grams
- 7 grams
- 17 grams
- 154 milligrams