Clean Eating Recipes
I am not about New Year’s resolutions that I won’t keep, but I think we can all agree it might be time to dial back to rich food, heavenly though it may be. So here’s to a January that tastes and feels lighter, more satisfying with (slightly) less bacon, and detoxifying with healthier snacks and meals.
To help us get back on a more sensible track, we’ve got a week of clean eating recipes full of flavor and good feelings approved by Cabot Dietitians, Sara Wing and Regan Jones. Back to reality, people!
To help us get back on a more sensible track, we’ve got a week of planned meals and snacks full of flavor and good feelings. Back to reality, people!
Sweet and crunchy, this Green Goddess salad makes a great lunch, or an even better accompaniment to a simple broiled salmon dinner.
- ½ head of cabbage or 1 small cabbage
- 1 green onion
- 3 Persian cucumbers
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup packed fresh herbs, chopped (use a variety of cilantro, spinach, basil)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ small shallot
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-3 teaspoons honey (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make a simple protein like baked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and then top them with this tasty Avocado Yogurt Dip. And make plenty for leftovers – with some tortilla chips or carrots and celery, this doubles as a tasty dippable lunch.
- 2 ripe medium avocados
- 1/2 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
With Cabot Alpine Cheddar for satisfying protein, this Kale Caesar Salad packs a punch of flavor, but is light and easy to make. Perfect for a midweek meal.
- 1 large bunch curly kale, washed, stems removed and leaves cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 anchovy filets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces Cabot Alpine Cheddar, shredded (about 1½ cups)
- 1 ½ cup croutons
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Broccoli and Cheddar Fritattas are great for breakfast on the go, or a meal when paired with leftover salad!
- ¼ cup small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
1 teaspoon Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon Cabot Unsalted Butter
5 ounce Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (2 tablespoons)
Start your weekend off right with a healthy and hearty Green Mountain Smoothie with Kale and Greek Yogurt.
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- ¾ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 banana, peeled and broken in half
- 3 soft dates, pitted and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups clean torn kale leaves
This weekend, whether you’re making tuna sandwiches or baking a cake or putting together a dip platter, try subbing Greek Yogurt for mayo, creams, or sour creams. You’ll cut calories and keep flavor. Win-win!