Sweet & Spicy Mixed Bean Chili
Soups Stews & Chili
If you’re still searching for a sweet and spicy chili recipe that wows you, your search has just ended! With extra-lean turkey breast and three types of beans (cannellini, light red kidney, and black), this is one chili that’s hearty and healthy at the same time. Cinnamon and 100% grape juice (yes, you read that right!) are used to add just the right amount of sweetness, which is balanced out with the spiciness of cumin, jalapeno peppers, and hot sauce. Top it off with grated Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar and you have the perfect tasting sweet and spicy chili. We’d love for you to share this recipe with your friends and family members on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To get this chili started, heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add ½ large onion (chopped) and 2 large jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped) and cook, stirring until onion is translucent. Add 4 medium garlic cloves (chopped) and stir for approximately 1 more minute.
Add 1 (20-ounce) package of extra-lean ground turkey breast and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, breaking turkey up with a wooden spoon until cooked and crumbled. Add 1 (6-ounce) can of tomato paste and stir until well blended, for about another minute.
Stir in 3 cups grape juice and next 8 ingredients listed in recipe below. Cook over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chili is slightly thickened and onions are tender. Serve topped with grated Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar.
On a chili roll and looking for another recipe you’ll love? Our Turkey Chili with Cabot Colby Jack is one you’ll definitely want to try! Cabot has relied on our farm families to make the highest quality dairy products for over 100 years. Our commitment to quality is what makes our products stand out from the rest – and why you’ll love our recipes. We’d love for you to rate and review this sweet and spicy chili once you’ve made it!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (20-ounce) package extra-lean ground turkey breast (such as Jenny-O)
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
3 cups Welch’s 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- HEAT oil in large heavy pot over medium-high heat; add onions and peppers and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute longer.
- ADD turkey; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, breaking it up with wooden spoon until cooked and crumbled. Add tomato paste and stir for about 1 minute longer until well blended.
- STIR in grape juice and next 8 ingredients. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are tender and chili is slightly thickened. Serve topped with grated cheese.
- per serving
- 6.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.6 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 38 grams
- 9 grams